Monday, January 14, 2013

Primark Caviar Nails

As I wrote in my post about the polishes I bought in Madrid (read it here ), we went to Primark...since we still don't have it here in Sweden I take the chance to go to every Primark there is when I go abroad :) and the Primark in Madrid was not an exception.

In Primark they sell 2 types of Caviar Polishes, one with black polish and black beads and the other with white or pearl (as you might will call it) and colorful beads or as I say sprinkle, cos it reminds me of sprinkle on cake :P 

Well I thought it was time to test this and I have always wanted to buy Ciaté's Caviar Manicure but once again the country I live in doesn't help much in importing this kind of things and when they do they cost you a fortune, which whit the money you have as a student isn't enough. I looked up how much Ciaté costs and in Sweden it is 199 SEK which is about € 23, $ 30 or £ 19.

Well nuff said

 Well I painted 2 nails in black and 2 nails in pearl and my middle finger I just left like it was. The black itself is actually a very nice black, much shinnier then other blacks I have. 

 
here you have a close up on how the different the colors look like on the nail. The Pearl was much harder to get nice on the nail even if I took 2 layers and a top coat afterwards.

 
I kind of follow the instructions on the package.... the thing is that a part of the package was a part to use as tray under when you pour the pearls, but since I was allowed 23 kg on the flight and I had 22 kg I got rid of things and packages around stuff that didn't break ....therefor also the plastic tray that was a part of the package where the polishes where in, was thrown in the garbage. But in my hand luggage I had 2 shotglasses that (oops) I took from one of the bars we where at on New Years ^-^.
So what I did was, that I poured the beads in the shotglass and then pressed down my nail in it. But the mistake I did was that I added top coat and the color of the beads started to change... the blacks became brownish... as you perhaps can see on the above picture and the pinks- and purple beads discolored. If I wouldn't have done that it would have been all good. I still like it, is not a problem that they have discolored a bit.

And for the price of  € 3,50 I can almost buy 6.5 packages of Primark Caviar Nails instead of 1 Ciaté Caviar Manicure.......just saying

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear, i am glad that i found your blog. Can you tell me, because i did not understood very well. You paid 3.5 for a set of 2 nail polish: black + black bids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maya,

      it's one bottle of polish and one bottle of beads for €3,50. So I paid € 7 for all the 4 bottles you see on the first picture.

      Thanks for liking my blog :)

      Delete